The Massachusetts voter registration deadline is October 19, 2022. Voters can apply online, in-person, or by mailing in a completed application.
Check Registration Status
Check your Massachusetts voter registration status here.
In order to register to vote, you must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Massachusetts, at least 16 years old at the time of registration (although you must be 18 to vote), and not be currently incarcerated by reason of a felony conviction.
- College students do have a choice of whether they want to vote in Massachusetts or vote in their home state. You may only be registered and vote at one location.
The deadline to register to vote in Massachusetts for the General Election is October 19, 2022.
Voter Registration Process
There are three methods of voter registration in Massachusetts: online, mail in a printable application, or in-person.
- Massachusetts automatically registers eligible individuals to vote through the Department of Motor Vehicles, division of medical assistance, health insurance connector authority, and other agencies that collect reliable citizenship information.
- Further voter registration information for Massachusetts can be found here.
This page was last updated on July 14, 2022.
Questions? Contact us here.
Massachusetts offers in-person, absentee, and early voting in the 2022 general election.
To qualify for an absentee ballot, voters must be away from their city/town on election day, have a disability keeping them from voting at their polling place, or have a religious belief that prevents them from voting at their polling place on election day. Click here to access Massachusetts’ by-mail voting application.
- Your application for a by-mail ballot must reach your local election office by 5pm on November 1, 2022 for the General Election. Applications are accepted by mail, email, or fax.
- Mail-in ballots must be received at your local election office by 8pm on Election Day if you are dropping them off and by 5pm on November 11, 2022 if you are mailing them. If you are mailing them, the date of the ballot must be postmarked by Election Day.
- Further by-mail voting information for Massachusetts is listed here.
Massachusetts offers early voting.
- Early voting begins October 22, 2022 and ends November 4, 2022. More information on early voting is listed here.
Locate your polling place here.
Election Day Practices
On Election Day, the polls are open 7am-8pm.
- You may be asked to show ID at your polling place if are voting for the first time in Massachusetts in a federal election, you are an inactive voter, you are casting a provisional or challenged ballot, or the poll worker has a reasonable suspicion that leads them to request identification. Acceptable forms of ID can be found here.
- Further Massachusetts voting information is listed here.
This page was last updated on July 14, 2022
Questions? Contact us here.
people in all states? FIND THOSE HERE
state-specific resources? EXPLORE HERE