The Mississippi voter registration deadline is October 10, 2022. Voters can apply in-person or by mailing a completed application.
Check Registration Status
Check your Mississippi voter registration status here.
In order to register to vote, you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old on Election Day, and a resident of Mississippi for 30 days.
- You cannot be declared mentally incompetent by a court. You cannot be convicted of a disenfranchising crime, click here for more information.
- College students can choose to vote in Mississippi or their home state, but may only be registered in one state.
The deadline to register to vote in Mississippi for the General Election is October 10, 2022.
Mississippi offers in-person and absentee voting in the 2022 general election.
Please check with your voter registrar or Municipal Clerk to determine if you are entitled to vote absentee, as there are strict requirements that may vary. Click here for the printable absentee application to request an absentee ballot.
- There is no deadline to request an absentee ballot, as you can pick them up at your County Circuit Clerk’s Office, but it is recommended to give enough time for one to be mailed to you.
- Voted ballots must be postmarked by Election Day and received up to 5 business days after the election (November 15, 2022) in order to be counted. Contact your local elections office for more information.
- Further absentee voting information for Mississippi is listed here.
Mississippi does not offer early voting.
Locate your polling place here.
Election Day Practices
On Election Day, polls are open 7am-7pm.
- Photo ID is required for voting (insert link when available). If you do not have any other acceptable forms of ID, you can obtain a Mississippi Voter ID Card at no cost. See more information here.
- Further Mississippi voting information is listed here and county specific information is listed here.
This page was last updated on July 16, 2022.
Questions? Contact us here.