The deadline to register to vote is October 18, 20224 by 11:59pm via mail or online and October 28, 2022 by 6pm via in-person registration.
Check Registration Status
Check your Nebraska voter registration status here.
In order to register to vote, you must be a U.S citizen, be a Nebraska resident, and be 18 years or older on or before Election Day.
- You can register to vote, if you are 17 years old and will be 18 by the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November of this year, If you have a felony conviction, you cannot register to vote until two years after the completion of your sentence including any probation or parole term. Click here for more information about felon voting rights. You cannot register if you have been found by a court to be mentally incompetent.
- College students can choose to vote in Nebraska or their home state, but may only be registered in one state. See more information here.
The deadline to register to vote in Nebraska for the General Election via mail or online is October 18, 2024 by 11:59pm and via in person is October 18, 2024 by 6pm.
Nebraska offers in-person, absentee, and early voting in the 2024 General Election.
Any registered voter in Nebraska may request an early-voting (absentee) ballot, and is not required to provide a reason. Click here for the Nebraska Early Voting Ballot Application. You can also send in a hand-written request for an absentee ballot.
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is the second Friday before the election (October 25, 2024).
- All early voting ballots must arrive by the closing of the polls on Election Day (8pm central time and 7pm mountain time).
- Further absentee/by-mail voting information for Nebraska is listed here.
Nebraska offers early voting.
- Early voting begins 30 days before the 2020 General Election (October 6, 2024) and ends the day before the 2024 General Election (November 4, 2024)
Locate your polling place here.
Election Day Practices
On Election Day, the polls are open 8am to 8pm central time and 7am to 7pm mountain time.
- If your voter registration information is current and accurate, you do not require identification for voting. If you are a first-time voter who registered by mail and did not provide verification with your registration application, check with your local election officials to determine what form of ID is required. See more information here.
- Further Nebraska voting information is listed here.
This page was last updated on July 19, 2023.
Questions? Contact us here.