Your mailed voter registration application must be received on or by October 22, 2024 in order to be eligible to vote in the 2024 General Election. Wyoming allows for same-day voter registration, meaning that you are able to register to vote up until the close of polls on Election Day.
Check Registration Status
Check your Wyoming voter registration status by contacting your county clerk’s office.
In order to register to vote, you must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years old or older by the next General Election, a resident of Wyoming and the precinct in which you register, and you can not be presently judged “mentally incompetent” to vote by a court of law.
- Individuals convicted of a felony, that are first-time nonviolent felons, automatically have their right to vote restored if they completed their supervision or were discharged from an institution on or after January 1, 2010. See more information about the Restoration of Voting Rights here.
- College students may choose to register to vote at either their home address OR at their college address.
The deadline to register to vote in Wyoming for the General Election is October 22, 2024.
Voter Registration Process
There are two methods of voter registration in Wyoming: mail in a printable application or in-person.
- You must have acceptable forms of identification when registering to vote, see more information here. All applicants, except military and overseas citizens, must have the Wyoming voter registration application form notarized before mailing.
- Further voter registration information for Wyoming can be found here.
This page was last updated July 20, 2023.
Questions? Contact us here.
Wyoming offers in-person, absentee, and early voting in the 2024 General Election.
Any registered voter in Wyoming may request an absentee ballot and is not required to provide a reason. Click here to access Wyoming’s Absentee Ballot Request Form.
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is the day before the election (November 4, 2024), but it is recommended that you do so no later than 17 days before (October 19, 2024) so your request has time to process. The ballot request can be returned through email, mail, or in-person. Contact your county clerk for more information.
- Your complete absentee ballot, either mailed or hand-delivered, must be delivered to your county clerk’s office no later than 7pm on Election Day. Contact your county clerk to track the status of your ballot.
- Further absentee/by-mail voting information for Wyoming is listed here.
Wyoming offers early voting and dates will be announced closer to the General Election.
Locate your polling place here.
Election Day Practices
On Election Day, the polls are open 7 am-7 pm.
- In order to vote in Wyoming, you do not need to provide an ID (you are only required to show identification when registering to vote).
- Further Wyoming voting information is listed here.
This page was last updated for the July 20, 2023.
Questions? Contact us here.